Offered by Maine Upland Guide Service at Northern Outdoors
Are you interested in becoming a Registered Maine hunting, fishing, or recreational guide? Northern Outdoors has teamed up with Maine Upland Guide Service to host a comprehensive Maine Guide class, preparing you to take the state’s test to become a Registered Maine Guide.
David Tyrol and Michael Tuminaro of Maine Upland Guide Service, bring more than just teaching experience to the table; they each have decades of experience in hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation. Additionally, they have extensive training as first responders and seasoned guides who regularly accompany their own clients in the field. Mike and Dave utilize engaging presentations, videos, and practical exercises to ensure your learning experience is both enjoyable and informative. Their commitment extends beyond the classroom, as they are readily available for questions and guidance even after class. As you embark on this educational journey, you’re immersing yourself in a realm of proven success, with their students boasting an impressive 91% pass rate.
There are two courses being offered in 2024: April 26-28th and September 20-22nd. Each class needs a minimum of 6 participants, with a maximum of 20 students. Read all the details below, then call (207) 663-4466 to sign up and secure your spot!
- Northern Outdoors – 1771 US Route 201, The Forks, ME 04985
There are two courses being offered at Northern Outdoors in 2024: Once in April, and once in September. The course runs 3 full days, Friday – Sunday, from 8:00am – 4:00pm.
- April 26 – 28, 2024
- September 20 – 22, 2024
- A minimum of 6 students are required to run the course
- Maximum number of students: 20
Lodging & Meals:
- Package price includes two nights (Fri/Sat) lodging and food and non-alcoholic beverages from Kennebec River Pub & Brewery, onsite at Northern Outdoors
- Lodging based on 3 people per Logdominium (shared accommodation)
- 7 meals total – Friday lunch & dinner, Saturday breakfast lunch & dinner, Sunday breakfast & lunch
- Drinks not included in price and are available for purchase
What to Expect:
- During the course, you’ll explore various subjects, including wildlife and plant identification, Maine’s laws, boating safety, client care, map and compass skills, interview techniques, and more. You’ll be equipped with the knowledge and confidence to handle the state exam and lead clients into the Maine woods.
- The state examination comprises three critical components: a written test, map and compass navigation, and an oral interview. Expect to be presented with a challenging emergency scenario where quick thinking and precise map navigation will be essential. You’ll also tackle a 100-question written test, designed to gauge your expertise and readiness. This class will prepare you for all the components of the state test. You will need to schedule your test with the state independent of this course.
$879 per person, includes:
- 3 day class with Maine Upland Guide service educators
- 2 nights lodging at Northern Outdoors
- 7 total meals and non-alcoholic beverages at Kennebec River Pub & Brewery at Northern Outdoors: Friday lunch & dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch & dinner, Sunday breakfast & lunch. Alcoholic beverages and additional food items available for purchase.
- First aid course is required for licensing. If you need to take this course, it is an optional add-on of $50. This portion is generally taught on the end of day one.
A 50% deposit is due at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the class. Due to the limited space available in the class, cancellations outside of 30 days prior to the start date of the class will receive a 50% refund. No refunds are made inside of 30 days prior to the start date of the class. We can transfer you to a future class date, if space allows.
How to Book:
Ready to take steps to become a Registered Maine Guide? Give our team a call for more information, or to book the class!